Maison Descaves was founded in 1881 and led by Mrs. Jeanne Descaves from 1925 to 1999 when she passed away.
As Champagne Louis Roederer and the Duclot Group took over the firm, they committed themselves to keep its independence and philosophy while aspiring to its development.
Maison Descaves became a subsidiary of Champagne Louis Roederer at the end of 2014.
Maison Descaves owes its reputation to the men and women who have kept the company’s historical values alive. Among those were Mrs. Jeanne Descaves who built up over more than fifty years a legendary and always carefully preserved stock.
Maison Descaves is one of today’s ten most influential Bordeaux traders,
specializing in great Bordeaux wines. The reasons for its achievements are:
Its financial stability, vital for selling en primeurs. These assets come from Maison Descaves own strength and those from its shareholders Champagne Louis Roederer and Duclot Group.
Its historical stocks: with a wide range of more than 7,500 Grands Crus (SKU), 97 vintages dating back to 1875 and a unique selection of large sizes bottles, Maison Descaves offers a wide selection of wines issued from careful sourcing and meticulous storage.
Its highly diverse and top quality professional clients: over 1,800 hospitality customers in France, of which 96 Michelin stars, and nearly 400 importers in 42 countries all over the world.
Its top quality allocations of wines: directly from the best Bordeaux estates.
Its commercial drive and distribution networks: Over 35,000 line items ordered per year, consisting of single bottles or cases, dispatched within 24 hours.
Its team of specialists: made of 26 people including 8 dedicated salesmen and women, as well as a network of 45 agents in France.
Its facilities ensuring efficient and diligent service with 6,200sq.m (66,700sq.ft) modern and air-conditioned warehouses built in 2009 and 2015.
Sales Department – Export
Emilie Godefroy (Asia-Pacific)
Laëtitia Ferriere (Europe)
Sales Department – France
Maison Descaves’ headquarters are located in its historic offices in the Chartrons area of Bordeaux:
7 Allées de Chartres -
BP90005 - 33007 Bordeaux
Tel. + 33 556 394 687 - Fax: + 33 556 500 839